Welcome home, Dad!


My parents have been through a lot in the past couple years. But today was the culmination of a lot of their efforts. My Dad went through an ankle replacement surgery to ease the pain of his joints. The type of pain he has had all his life stems from a disease process called, ankylosing spondilitis. The pain gets worse as the autoimmune disorder continues to tear apart his joints, in some ways similar to forms of arthritis. He his doing so well since the surgery earlier today as mom continues to keep up with his pain medicine and learn about drains. I'm so thankful my nursing background has helped me answer at least some of her questions and calm some of her fears. These next several months of post surgical rehab will be a long road for both of them. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Labels: