A soup of randomness

That's what happens when I storm through the refrigerator and pantry craving to use up a lot of my leftovers, ingredients lying out and bugging me, or items that just sounded interesting. So beware: many of these ingredients probably won't be in your pantry, your substitutes would most assuredly make it better. And because I'm a rock star chef I don't have specific amounts but I'll try to get close.
And FYI, this soup WILL cut your cravings. After one cup you'll be wishing you ate the chocolate cake before because you aren't hungry anymore :)

Boil a pot of water about half full

Add the following:
2T miso/soybean paste
2t fish stock powder

When that's dissolved add:
3/4 bag of black beans presoaked
1/2cup split peas presoaked
1/2cup brown rice presoaked
2T red curry paste
4 cloves garlic
5 bay leaves
3 stalks chopped celery
1/2T cardamom

Let it simmer for 30-45 minutes

Add 1 cup frozen peas
Salt/Pepper to taste

Let simmer enough to cook the peas

You are done!


-Separate them into containers to have meals ready ahead OR feed an army of people! Your choice :)












Labels: ,