Church on all spectrums

I usually go to the Apostolic Christian Church of America, which has so many churches all over the United States, Mexico, Europe, and Japan. And as a travel nurse, I get to experience our lovely congregations from all different spectrums of glorifying God's name. 

However, this travel nursing assignment brought me to Tallahassee, Florida. And guess what? We don't have  a church here, well, less than 5 1/2 hours away. So as I was meeting people for housing opportunities, several introduced me to their churches as well. 


A sweet Korean lady, Mrs. Lee, invited me to her fellowship called Restoration Place. I traveled there this morning for their first service and really enjoyed their passionate music and speaking. And to my surprise, because it was my first time I also received a Barnes & Noble gift card! Who knew now-a-days churches are giving away prizes? The main topic of the sermon discussed Psalm 42:7 , "Deep calls to deep at the noise of your waterspouts: all your waves and your billows are gone over me." To seek for that deep relationship with God, reaffirming that our past "wells" are still open and unobstructed for the peace of the Holy Spirit.

Soon after the sermon and chatting with Mrs. Lee, I needed to head back to my hotel to check out before noon. Once that was taken care of, I spent the afternoon at Panera Bread before I could move in to my new, temporary home. Even though I was in Tallahassee and needed to move out of the hotel today, I was still able to listen to the afternoon service from our congregation in Leo, IN. And this is the blessing of our AC app! I've mentioned it before, but I just continue to love the power of this to meet people's various schedules and even more as a witnessing tool. I don't want to bypass the importance of fellowship. But there is such a beauty to listening to God's Word and praise through modern forms of technology. Thanks app creators!

Labels: , , , ,