On Pinterest, I came across a diy for a firepit that can go indoors or outdoors. See the original pin here
. And the great thing about diy is you can personalize to how you like it. With travel nursing I end of living with various people and I like to leave a gift so to speak if I can find something good enough.
My roommate has a great patio and being in Florida I thought a nice firepit for some smores this winter was just the thing to make that patio even more inviting. Here's how mine turned out. What do you think? Good enough for a gift?
- marine silicone
- i found this on amazon, i checked lowe's, walmart, home depot and none of them even were sure about what it is. just go to amazon first unless you know a handy guy :)
- cheap glass frames (these need to fit around the edges of your planter)
- mine turned into a case around the planter because they were just a couple mm too wide. be sure to check exact dimensions if you don't like this look. i loved this tutorial but the hardest part was finding a pot with a lip and square opening to fit the glass dimensions.
- the varied colors kind is at dollar stores but i liked the solid dark stones so i found mine at hobby lobby
- any kind of metal mesh (available at hardware stores)
- i found at the dollar store
- gel fuel
- again, a little harder to find. i ended up going with normal fuel from the dollar store but amazon also sold this, just in bulk, so it's good to have many since one can lasts about 6 hours
- any metal planter with a lip (edge)
- as i mentioned above, this was the hardest to find but i loved how mine turned out. I ended up finding mine at hobby lobby
For the full tutorial check out this link
. Mine looks a little different because of the glass encasing the pot instead of setting on the edge. I also added some moss from hobby lobby, a second tray to cover to protect from stray leaves, rain, etc, and my pot is a little more vintage looking. But I love how it turned out, a little less modern than the example but just what I was going for. What do you think? How would you personalize it? Add your thoughts below.
Labels: crafting, decoration, diy, etsy, firepit, getting outside, moss, s'mores, tutorial