One Merry Christmas



On this joyous morning of Jesus Christ's birth, our family enjoys the faint smell of coffee and pecan pancakes emanating through the house. Picturesque? Along with the pancakes, the nice locksmith knocks on our door. Last night, a nameless person in our family was coming home with the groceries and left the keys in the locked car along with all the groceries. So again, the very nice locksmith (who is a very nice guy as well as now the nicest locksmith in the whole world since he came on Christmas day) knocked on our door. He opened the lock car simply and we laughed at all the groceries still sitting in the backseat almost frozen.

Everyone has their own crazy stories, especially at this time of year with all the crazy people. Since my last post in Japan I've been pretty quiet so here are a few of the moments in the last month.

- For the first time in my life, we bought a real Christmas tree. It is a beautiful white pine and we didn't even bother with ornaments because it looks so pretty with just lights and an angel.

- I started my pediatric homecare job. I've been driving to various little towns in the area and getting to know some great to not-so-great home environments.
      On a side note, one of my client's mothers was listening about my new tree when she promptly informed me to watch for grasshoppers. She explained there've been many grasshoppers laying their eggs in our typical Christmas tree-style trees and once we bring them into the warmth of our houses, the eggs start hatching!!! Being my first tree it definitely put a dent in my excitement for the pine. I'm hoping we're in a safe zone now, no grasshoppers after 3 weeks. We're good now, right?

- Mom put me in charge of games for each extended families' Christmas. Ha! I'm terrible at games and have terrible judgement in choosing them. I tend to overshoot or undershoot. I thought of games with a relay element going around the house with a scavenger hunt. Then I thought of word scrambles three to four letter words. But with the help of google and pinterest, I was able to find a few at a good level of difficulty for adults, yet short. We'll be doing a snowball/minute to win it game, Christmas song scramble, and Christmas song charades. Shhh! Don't tell my family or they might claim to have a sore throat :)

-I'm looking forward to attempting to make yuzu ice cream tonight with the family with some yuzu tea and candied yuzu peel I brought home from Japan. It has a lime/grapefruit flavor and looks like a lemon.

-And today is special for one reason alone!
"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." Ephesians 4:4-6

Wishing you one Merry Christmas from One Green Bicycle through the one baby Jesus who made it all happen!